Reconciliation Clerk, OFGI Finance
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Reconciliation Clerk, OFGI Finance in our Calgary office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
Your primary roles include performing bank reconciliations, cash management as well as expense accounts analysis. You must be detail oriented and have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. This role requires a methodical approach to continuously following up outstanding bank items.
The ideal candidate must be highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment while successfully being able to multitask and prioritize duties and requests. Must be able to work as part of a team, but able to work independently. The candidate should be self-motivated, having a sense of accomplishment when completing tasks.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with all levels of staff, management and executive, including our partners with the banks and credit unions. The candidate must be professional and clear in the presentation of information. Our successful candidate must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, enjoying the research and the feeling of success when the problem is resolved.
- Complete daily bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- In depth research and reconciliation of accounts and contractual obligations by comparing, analyzing, and correcting data
- Investigate any discrepancies and ensure follow up until resolution
- Perform cash management operations involving payment receipt, processing, deposits, and other duties with accuracy and timeliness
- Complete daily functions associated with account reconciliation, remote deposit capture, and online banking
- Reconcile the daily cash transactions to the accounts receivable systems as well as to the monthly general ledger accounts
- Verify wire transfer posts and balance daily
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts, verify and maintain cash management systems
- Thorough understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Other accounting related duties as assigned and ad hoc job requests
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of practical accounting or banking experience, dealing with reconciliations - Prior banking experience is required
- Previous experience using Accpac (sage 300) or other Accounting software is an asset
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word
- Advance level of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check is required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here