Quality Assurance (QA) Lead
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2017 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in four areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Foreign Exchange, Health Benefits, Exempt Edge, and ATMs. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead in our Olympia ATM Inc. company in Calgary, AB.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
Your primary roles include developing and executing exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality with a focus on data security.
The QA Lead is responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) Additionally, you will create QA best practices and processes for the QA team.
The QA Lead role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. The QA Lead will also mentor and provide direction to QA Analysts.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Create and monitor QA best practices and processes
- Provide direction to QA Analysts
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work with business partners, systems analyst, designers and programmers to create / analyze required project documents and ensures that quality assurance processes are incorporated
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Ability to learn new technologies and grow in coding capabilities
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and ready to jump in today
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
Experience and Skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Analyst or similar
- Positive attitude and customer focused
- Excellent client service and confident working directly with users
- Hands-on experience with Windows environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- F- Prior financial application experience is beneficial
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.