Recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a PHP Developer in our Calgary office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
Exempt Edge Inc. is growing. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and energetic Fintech company that is changing the Canadian financial services industry. We are seeking a Rockstar PHP developer with strong leadership skills, attention to detail and experience with unit tests.
Exempt Edge Inc. is a division of the Olympia Financial Group and a leader in building SAAS solutions for the Private Capital Market.
This person must be able to work with our Vice President, Enterprise Architect and Developers to deliver a quality solution to our Business Stakeholders and clients.
- Custom Software development of Exempt Edge solutions in PHP/Laravel and MySQL
- Creation of automated tests for existing and future projects developed withy Laravel
- Create REST-based APIs to integrate Exempt Edge solutions with other Olympia Financial Group software, and third parties
- Strong understanding of PHPUnit or similar testing framework
- Ability to write effective unit tests which can be used to accelerate deployment timeframes
- Provides excellent communication to clients and the business team
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience (3+ years)
- 3+ years software development experience in PHP/Laravel
- Strong understanding of the MVC architecture
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT, VSTS
- Ability to learn new things and grow in architectural design and coding capabilities
- Candidate must be self-motivated and ready to jump in today!
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- An effective communicator with a passion for delivering results for clients and the team
- Experience with PHPunit testing
- Experience writing web APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Background in Web API Security (OAuth)
- Exposure to the agile development methodology, iterative development and testing
- Financial applications experience an asset.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- A great company culture (rated Alberta’s Top 70 Employers)
- The chance to be a part of a small but dynamic team who’s cutting edge software is changing the Canadian financial services industry
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here