Manager Internal Auditor
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Manager Internal Auditor in our Calgary office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
Your primary roles include reporting to the Audit Committee and the President on their independent audit of compliance to and the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the Company’s financial, physical and information resources are managed. To monitor and review the business risk management framework for the Company and carry out audit reviews thereby assisting the President and Directors of the company in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the business objectives, related risks and operating processes for entities being audited, reviewed and otherwise assessed.
- Assess risks and evaluate the level and type of controls required to manage the identified risks to provide reasonable assurances that business objectives can be achieved.
- Planning of projects, including time budgets to complete procedures.
- Prepare or revise audit programs to accomplish audit objectives.
- Under minimal direction, conduct financial and operational reviews in order to report on the effectiveness of the Company’s financial procedures, controls and systems.
- Develops recommendations to management to improve internal controls.
- Prepare written audit reports detailing significant audit findings, recommendations and their disposition.
- Conduct follow-up reviews on actions taken by management in the areas reported upon the audit report.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Thorough understanding of the Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Promotes a positive work environment and is consistently approachable, fostering open communication amongst the team
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must have the ability to maintain professional in all situation
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity due to the nature of documents and information being handled
Experience and Skills
- Professional designation (CPA, CIA, CISA) is a requirement with at least 5 years’ experience. An understanding of the IT audit environment and risks are beneficial. Must be willing to obtain CAMLO designation.
- 5 years of internal audit experience in a mid-size office
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards
- Must have strong risk evaluation and control/business process design skills
- Hands on experience with audit software
- Must be creative and practical in developing cost effective solutions to address identified risks
- Prior financial services industry experience is beneficial
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.