Recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a KYC Specialist in our Calgary office.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
The KYC Specialist primary responsibilities is to manage client accounts by entering and maintaining their files and assessing their level of risk. This includes but isn’t limited to performing initial and ongoing due diligence and ensuring all accounts are detailed, and current with the appropriate risk rating. This position requires a strong understanding of FINTRAC obligations, money laundering, fraud and high risk scenarios. High attention to detail and the ability to problem solve is a requirement.
As the ideal candidate, you are independent but fully capable to work within a team environment. You are detail-oriented individual who is able to process large volumes of information, while being able to thrive in an ever changing fast-paced work culture.
- Enter and maintain customer accounts based on applications, and email correspondence
- Perform due diligence and enhanced due diligence prior to opening accounts, and throughout the business relationships
- Ensure outdated, or insufficient files are communicated with traders, well documented, and corrected in a timely manner
- Ensure all client files are FINTRAC compliant, and report transactions to FINTRAC when necessary
- Apply risk rating to client accounts, and monitor client transactions against their expected behavior
- Direct back up to the Compliance & Banking Officer role when needed
- Thorough understanding of the Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
Experience and Skills
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience is required
- 2+ years’ experience in KYC
- Experience with FINTRAC Regulations and AML
- Prior foreign exchange or financial services industry experience is beneficial
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; advance internet searching skills
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.