Contract .NET Developer
Recognized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2017 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Foreign Exchange, Health Benefits, Exempt Edge, and ATMs. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Contract .NET Developer in our Calgary office.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
Your primary roles include development of our internal business applications and customer facing websites. The successful candidate must be able to work with our Project Lead, peer Developers and business sponsors to deliver a quality solution to Olympia’s Business Stakeholders.
In this role, you should be able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are also passionate about the .Net framework and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
You goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain our internal software Paragon.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Write clean, scalable code using .Net programing languages
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- Custom Software development of commercialized in-house financial systems in C#, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Ability to learn new technologies and grow in coding capabilities
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and ready to jump in today
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
Experience and Skills
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience (4+ years)
- 5+ years software development experience in C# and Visual Studio
- Strong understanding of the MVC architecture
- Strong exposure to object oriented design and design patterns is necessary
- GUI development and design (ASP.NET MVC, HTML, CSS)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Front-end development using jQuery
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT, SVN or TFS
- Experience using Test Driven Development
- Experience with third party tools or community based .NET Frameworks such as NUnit, NAnt, Moq, Log4Net, Resharper, Telerik, Linq
- An understanding of database fundamentals, Oracle PL/SQL and/or equivalent database experience
- Exposure to the agile development methodology, iterative development and testing
- Continuous Integration, Code Promotion and Deployment
- Prior financial application experience is beneficial
- General knowledge of Registered Plans, TFSAs and RESPs is beneficial
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.