Recognized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2017 Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in four areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Foreign Exchange, Health Benefits, Exempt Edge, and ATMs. Founded in 1996, Olympia's head office is located in Calgary, AB.
We are looking for a Communication Coordinator in our Calgary office.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
Your primary roles include managing external communication with our clients through mail outs and redirection of time sensitive information according to Olympia Trust Company standards. The Communication Coordinator will be required to ensure that customer service standards are met as set forth by Olympia Trust Company while maintaining accurate processing.
As the ideal candidate, you must be able to deliver results in a dynamic and team oriented environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who is able to process large volumes of information, while maintaining a high level of accuracy. This individual must able to multitask and is able to thrive in an ever-changing environment, builds relationships naturally, adapts quickly, and communicates effectively.
- Manage external communications with our clients including mail outs and redirection of time sensitive shareholder materials
- Manages mail outs and tracking of all client communication
- Remains up to date on all Olympia products, services, legislative requirements, processes and procedures
- Oversee conversion of mail correspondence
- Assist other teams with filing and other tasks when needed
- Work cooperatively within the team to achieve common
- Thorough understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism in all situations
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment but be strongly self-motivated
- Maintain processing accuracy of 95% or higher
- Efficiency in responding to internal inquires via email, phone or in person
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity due to the nature of documents and information being handled
Experience and Skills
- High school education completion
- Post-Secondary education is beneficial
- 1-2 years administrative or document control experience is preferred
- Data entry and/or processing experience is preferred
- Prior financial services industry experience is beneficial
- General knowledge of Registered Plans, TFSAs and RESPs is beneficial
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bilingual in French Canadian is beneficial
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume here Apply Now
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.